That’s why it’s so important for an individual to take Adult Mental Health First Aid, an course that teaches participants how to help individuals experiencing a mental health or substance use challenge.
Having a more informed understanding can dramatically help early intervention efforts and get individual the help they need when they need it.
This training includes a 2-hour self paced online portion and test, and 5.5-hour videoconferencing instruction with trainers Tene Robinson and Candice Phillips to become certified mental health first aiders!
You will learn the following during this time:
- Common signs and symptoms of a mental illness.
- Common signs and symptoms of a substance use disorder.
- How to Interact with a Person in Crisis
- How to connect the person to help
- Training on Trauma, Addiction, and Self Care
All manuals/resource course instruction and certification is provided in course cost. This training is valued at $170 and is sponsored at a discounted rate of $85 per student.
Please Note: You must register and complete the 2 hours self paced portion atleast a week prior to training.